You have many options:
1. You can join one of several network marketing companies that sell essential oils and other health and wellness products. To be successful at network marketing you have to love meeting new people and be willing to really put yourself out in front of a lot of people. You will have to buy a lot of over priced product and you can expect to make a little money at first but after working hard for a while you can start receiving a substantial income. This is not for everybody.
2. You can join one of several “spa party” companies, where you go to peoples homes and show people how to use the products. Here again you have to love meeting new people and going to their homes, usually in the evenings. These parties can be a lot of fun, however it can become a little difficult to make yourself go out during the winter when the weather is bad. You have to recruit hostesses, who the invite their family and friends to the party. Having spa parties is not the only way so sell things, you can do things such as “trunk shows”, sell at craft fairs and bazaars, and online of course. This might be a good choice of home based business for moms because dads can stay with the kids in the evenings.
3. You can set up a home based internet marketing business with affiliate links and Google adds.
4. Start your own business where you make your own bath and body, perfume, or natural skin care products and sell them the same was as was mentioned. (Find out what the FDA says about making cosmetics.)
5. Or have a blending bar where you add essential oils of the customer’s choice to a fragrance free product. You buy lotions and such in bulk size, transfer them to retail size and add essential oils.
What you can’t do is tell people what kind of disease they have and what kind of essential oil they should use, according to the Food and Drug Administration.